Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to my BEST BUD EVER!!! From your bestest bud, Chantal

I'm sure you all know what has transpired today, on November 4, 2008... an event that has changed lives. This day is of great importance to me, but not because it's the day a new president stepped into office.

On November 4, 1993, my best friend was born.
Briana Danielle Hoffer is a beautiful young woman with extraordinary strength and faith. She is a girl who is a shining light and example to all those who cross her path. Many have looked to Briana though she may not realize it, as an example of what they would like their lives and spirits to mirror in times of trouble. A little over a year and a half ago, Briana was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. The cancer was at stage four when discovered, and the tumor was located in the right region of her chest, squeezing her airway almost completely shut and at the same time squeezing a nerve. The squeezed nerve and airway caused her face to swell and her breathing to become very labored. Briana, though the doctor's reports were anything but encouraging, continued to let her light shine for all to see. People drew strength from her attitude, optimism, and faith. She and her family would speak to other patients and families going through much of the same difficulties they themselves were facing. they ministered to the hearts of those who were looking for some solid ground to stand on when disease, a silent and demanding intruder, invaded the seemingly impermeable lives they lived. Briana never sat down to feel pity for herself, but rather, took up the banner of a child of God who would serve in the most difficult of times. These are some of the reasons i admire Briana Danielle Hoffer the way I do. Briana and I are sisters, though not by any blood or family ties, but we are sisters of the heart. Briana and I have grown up together, sharing secrets like sisters, laughing like sisters, fighting like sisters, and living like sisters. Today I would like to honor her on her 15th birthday, and let you all know what a wonderful friend she has been.
Briana,
You have been an incredible example to me. I love you with all my heart, and want to let you know that you mean the world to me. Nothing in the world can replace you. I hope the thoughts above gave you an idea of how much you mean to me. I want to wish you THE HAPPIEST birthday ever on this very special day! In you I have found a confidante, a model by which to shape my attitude and faith, and a very deep friendship. Thanks for being who you are, and I LOVE YOU TONS MY SISTERCHICK!!!

(Mom thanks for letting me hijack your blog to honor my friend.=D. You're the BEST!!!)

-Chantal Bertam

5 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Awww...your friend sounds like a really awesome person! Someone I would love to meet. My lil brother had the same kinda optimistic outlook when he was diagnosed with cancer as well. Here is a link to a story I wrote about him. Perhaps you could share it with your friend...I very proud of him!!!

http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/puma/apr06/ginty.html
U may have to copy paste it into your browser. God Bless!!!
Mary

Mary Frances said...

Oh Sis. Bertrum,
I just saw your comment on my story. Thanks sooo much! I remember hearing from the Abbott's about the girl that you prayed with. That is Jestena, I have a pic of her up on my blog. There is a lot going on in her life but she is still hanging in there and trying to make it to church as much as possible. Keep her in your prayers!

YES! The Abbott's are AWESOME people-The best ever!!! I am so blessed to have them in my life.
God bless you all!
Mary :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Chantelly and Momma B,
I saw the blog thing about my b-day!!!! You are so sweet and Im so glad to have a friend like you. I have to tell you are friendship is like a precious jewel that is sooo rare and sweet!!! There is no one like you or me . We are two of a kind,two peas in a pod, sisterchicks and also My BEST Friend!!!!!!!!!!! I love you sooo much. And momma B. I love you soooo much to and im so glad that ur in my life. Im so blessed to have a pastors wife that cares for me and would do anything for me and treats me like her own. Well Cant wait till you both get back from WEst Coast!!! Miss you a bunch!!!
Nana Hoffer

Sammy said...

AWWW..HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BRI :)

HOPE IT WAS THE BEST FUN FILLED DAY EVER I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN WITH YOU TO CELEBRATE IT! ALTHOUGH SOME PEOPLE MAY HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED DUE TO THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS YOU HELPED TO BRIGHTEN OUR DAY UP! THANKS FOR SHOWING ME AS CHANTAL SAID YOUR BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT OF GOD THROUGHOUT YUOUR JOURNEY! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND LOVE YOUR AWESOME PERSONALITY !!THANKS FOR ALL THE CUTE PICS YOU SENT ME THEY MAKE ME SMILE LOVE YA GIRL AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YA @ NO LIMITS !!!

CHANTAL..

WOW! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU TOO GIRL YOU ARE SUCH AN AWESOME FRIEND TO BRI AND ME TOO :) THANKS FOR ALWAYS BEING SO SWEET AND BEING SENSITIVE TO THE SPIRIT I LOVE AND MISS YA SO MUCH AND WISH I COULD HAVE WENT TO WCC TO HANG OUT WITH YOU SHARAYA WAAGE TOLD ME YOU AND DAVID SAIS HI SO "HI" BACK MISS YALL AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YA AT NO LIMITS WITH BRI :)
-SAMMY FELT-

Jacqueline Suzanne said...

Tears came to my eyes when I read this. My heart goes out to her, I have a special place in my heart for kids that have gone through great illnesses. I have recently battled cancer myself, thank God I am in remission. Yet I must admit I was beyond perfect when I went through it and often complained. I have followed her progress through others for some times. Prayed for her and would love to just give her a hug to say, "I understand." Do me a favor and give her a hug for me.

God Bless,
Jacqueline Cleveland
Scottsdale, AZ