Sunday, November 23, 2008

Good Bye AZ, and …Thank You.

We are driving home from a GREAT weekend in Scottsdale, Arizona. What a wonderful time we had preaching for the Abbots. They had quite a fun weekend planned, and we loved every minute of it! Saturday Night they hosted a special youth service that was attended by many local churches and Pastors. Everyone was so friendly, and we thoroughly enjoyed spending time with these great Pastors and wives!
Sunday was one service (am), and then a special Thanksgiving Dinner was planned at a GORGEOUS country club. It was a great day of fun and fellowship. Everything was organized and executed so beautifully. (All the way down to the fun planned by Bro. Jimmy!) A special thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make it all happen!
I am so IMPRESSED!!!! I know that I cannot put into words how I really feel, but I’m going to give it my best shot..
The Abbots are such pure, sweet, REAL Christians, and it’s so apparent as you sit in their church services. As we sat in the services, the spirit of God was so…..sweet and beautiful. David Abbott Jr. lead us in worship, (What an anointed worship leader he is!) We sang songs like “God is so good to me”, and some other beautiful hymns . As we sang, tears began to flow down my face. As I looked around I saw my children David and Chantal being as touched and moved as I was. I cannot tell you how thankful I felt. The more I see this world changing and ( sad to say ) the changing of many churches, the more I long for my children to be in this kind of atmosphere. ‘Cutting edge’ and ‘relevant’ don’t impress me. Those words are the words used by empty vessels that need an excuse for what they cannot supply. Give me what I felt this weekend. Give my children what they felt, as they couldn’t help but weep in the purity of the ‘real thing’. Thank you to the Abbotts for their incredible hospitality, but most of all,…we went there to be a blessing, and are driving home feeling like the blessed ones!

4 comments:

Jana Allard said...

We are thinking in the same vein right now. I just finished a new post on my blog and I mentioned how wonderful it is to know your children walk with God. Nothing can make this mom happier!

Jacqueline Suzanne said...

Thank you for coming! It was a great blessing to us! We have been looking forward to your family coming for quite sometime. Thank you again I enjoyed your music too. Hope to see you soon. Possibly bringing your family to Conquer's Conference! ;-)

Mary Frances said...

Awww! I am already missing Chantelle!!! I havn't even known her for a month and I already consider such a good friend! I already thought she was pretty from pictures that I have seen of her, but knowing her makes her even more beautfiful cause I can see now that she is beautiful on the inside as well. I was sooooo incredibley touched to see her reaching out to my African girls. She came to them as a friend and CHOSE to hang out with them. That DID NOT go unnoticed by my eyes and it made the girls feel so special! I know if Chantelle was here we would be kindred spirits reaching out to the girls!!! Can't wait to see her again! Come to Conqueror's Conference!!! ;)

Lorraine Bertram said...

Jana..that is so true!!!! We are both blessed to have good kids that really love God!

Jacqueline-We had such a great time...and like my blog said, WE were so blessed! We are going to try and make the CC, so if it all works out, see you there!

Mary-I will have to agree with you....Chantal is a very special girl. Each day I am amazed by her soft heart, and love for Gods work....Thank you for the sweet words! Gonna try and make it to CC!