Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Car Wreck & Christmas Rehearsals

After the choir practice I had tonight, I feel like I'VE been in a TRAIN wreck!! LOL

No really, our latest 'happening' in the Bertram household, is a car accident, and Christmas rehearsals.
(Why I am pairing these two things together I have NO clue....just both on my mind I guess....and I'm goofy!)

Yesterday David was in his first (and prayerfully only-ever) car accident. Here is how he told the story.
He was South bound on I-8 coming home from work, and had been feeling tired all day, when he 'zoned out'.
He was very rudely awakened by the steel bed of a big Ford truck as it came through his window and bonked
him in the head. (It being the perfect heighth with his head.) His front windshield, and side mirror are now a thing
of the past. Also the side of his car has some new artwork in the form of dents and scratches. MIRACULOUSLY
my Lovey-Dovey (this is our name for each other) has NOT ONE scratch, bruise, or ANYTHING on him. (Keep in mind,
his whole windshield exploded in pieces at the point of impact, and the STEEL bed of the truck made direct contact.)
I am SO THANKFUL TO GOD for protecting David. It could/should have been very serious. But David has a God
who with his angels watches over him. THANK YOU PRECIOUS LORD!!

What is funny, is that Chantal and I were out spending time together, and she received a text and picture message from David, that had a pic of the inside of a wrecked car. The text said, "I was just in an accident on I-8." Chantal and I got soooooo mad. We thought he was playing a joke (Which Lovey-Dovey is famous for). Chantal texted a very 'stinging' rebuke back to him from her and I, really putting him in his place...teaching him a thing or two about what you should and shouldn't tease about!! LOL Poor guy. I must say that when we got home and saw him, the stinging rebuke was remembered no more, and he enjoyed the love and adoration of the 2 females of the household.

Now about the train wreck....LOL We are doing something TOTALLY different this year for Christmas. Usually I put on a Christmas musical play. This year I am putting together a 'Christmas Concert'. I AM CERTIFIABLY CRAZY FOLKS!!!! Oh my word. I think this is going to be more work than the play!!!! So please PRAY, that I won't lose my patience, my mind, or anything else 'lose-able' that I haven't thought of.

Another day in the life and times of......me.

8 comments:

Jana Allard said...

We have done Christmas concerts the past few years. Everyone loves it. I would like to make this year a candle-light concert with candles everywhere!

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm glad that your son is ok. That would be quite the scare. God is good!

Good luck on your Christmas concert, I know it will be great!:)

Susan Hill said...

Oh my goodness, I can just see you and Chantel going crazy when you realized that the wreck was for real! Poor David, I don't know what was worse, the accident or you two girls!! LOL!! Tell him that it was his HARD head that saved him!! JK Glad he's OK and I know that your concert will be a wonderful success!!!

Janell said...

Wow, I'm so glad David is ok!!!! That is a miracle! God is so good, isn't he?

I'm sure the Christmas concert will be great! Try not to stress too much! =) Wish I could see it!
(I'm stressing up here...I'm the conductor for the orchestra, and we have 4 rehearsals left till we have our own concert in church! agh!)

Keep the humor coming! It's fun reading how you write things! =)

Lorraine Bertram said...

Jana-HELP! How have you done yours? Do you have an MC, or do just do one song right after the other....
Traditional only or fun Christmas songs?

The candle ideas sounds INCREDIBLE!

Moi, Susan, Janell-

Thanks for the well wishes!

Love you guys!

Mary Frances said...

Glad your son is okay! Thats kinda funny that you guys were mean to him though!!! LOL About your Christmas play...All I can say is I have been Christmas play Director before AND I THANK GOD I don't have to do it this year!!!! Writing them is ALOT FUNNER!!!

Jana Allard said...

Lorraine, we have done so many musicals and concerts throughout the years they sometimes become a blur. Sometimes, we have our Christmas dinner at the church and then migrate to the auditorium where we intersperse comedy with nice Christmas solos, orchestra, etc. Then, we end with the entire group singing a couple traditional carols. Our church would not think it was Christmas if Brian and I didn't sing, "How I Wish Christmas Would Never End." AND, Brian always makes a mistake AND everyone always cracks up.

To determine what you want, ask yourself what is the desired end? A nice concert? A fun-filled interactive night? People in the altar? Once you have determined the conclusion you are aiming for, then set your program. One year, we had the elementary kids who were in band at school put together a youth orchestra and play a song. They tried, weren't great, but the people loved them.

We have made programs and just let it flow without introducing each song or we have not had programs and had an emcee. It really boils down to what you want to achieve.

You can e-mail me anytime at ballard@bak.rr.com

One more thing. At our Christmas dinner last year, we had every table pick a Christmas Carol and gave them a few minutes to "arrange" their song. Then, each table had to sing. Our table started off with "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer." It was all nuts from there. We had so much fun. It was a hoot. One table stood a little boy on a chair and he started the first verse of some Christmas tree song. It was just great! Everybody was hooting, hollering, and cheering. I LOVE Christmas time!!!!!!

Raquel said...

OMW!!! Leave it to David to pull that off. Well, I'm glad he's okay though. Bummer, am I gonna miss this great Christmas Concert? Well, who knows, maybe I'll surprise you all and show up. And sorry can't make it to your birthday banquet as planned...looks like I'm missin' all the fun and beautiful weather. Love ya and miss ya!

Raquel