Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home SWEET Home

Briana told her Doctors before and after surgery, "I will be going home on Wednesday."  Their comment to her was, "If all goes well, you will be home maybe on Friday."  Guess who was right?!
BRIANA!!
Briana and Jeanette got home yesterday late afternoon, dropped off their hospital 'stuff', and came right over to our house for a delicious home cooked meal, and an 'out of hospital celebration'!  We had a wonderful time being together, and celebrating another 'win' on this battlefront of cancer.  Our little girl is weathering the storm with extreme strength and unwavering faith.  She is eating VERY well, and giggles when we tease her about her bountiful appetite.  
Today Chantal went to Briana's house to spend the day with her (We can't pry those two apart lately!)  The bond that these two girls share is so beautiful and rare.  I love to just sit and watch them....it's the sweetest picture of real friendship you'll ever see!
Please continue to pray for Briana, as next week will be back to City of Hope for chemo and radiation.

8 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Thats soooo awesome!!! Bri has a great attitude and that really helps people get better...THATS how my brother was. He didn't dwell on it, didn't complain, didn't pamper himself...Just kept right on living!!!
I love the new pic you have up of you and your husband!!!
By the way have a new story up on my blog...its about someone from our church that you all know. So I thought you might enjoy reading it. Maryfranceswriting.blogspot.com
God bless!!!
Mary :)

Carly said...

Welcome Home Briana! I'll keep you in my prayers =)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful outcome. Praise God from whom all good things come. We rejoice at your homecoming! Hug her from us.
Amie

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are able to be home with your friends and family Briana!! We are praying for you!!
Bro. & Sis. Kendrick
The Kendrick Clan

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Bri;
I'm suprised my almost "holyghost" fall isn't already writtten up here in this blog ;especially with johnny being in this family!!! (hahaha giggle) Well tell me when you update. My mom , i think told you so you know all the updates so ok i love you and i promise i wont be Miss Independent anymore....hahaha

Love ya a ton!!!!!!
Bri

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the updates for Bri too!!!! A total help!!! Appreciate you a ton!!!!

Love Netters and Bri

Sammy said...

Love ya Bri so happy you are home now :) I am praying for ypur speedy recovery!!!

Janell said...

I will DEFINITELY be praying for her--what a trooper she is!