Monday, February 9, 2009

Surgery Done!

Our girl Bri continues to amaze us.....

The surgery was supposed to take up to 4 hours.....1 1/2 hours later we were summoned by the Neurosurgeon!!   All done!  The tumor was the size of a cue ball, but was safely removed.  

Chantal and I were able to be with her immediately, and she made us so happy...(she is going to beat me for telling this, but here goes).... The girl JUST GOT OUT OF MAJOR BRAIN SURGERY...she is supposed to be weak and asleep.....NO!!   She decided she wanted the breathing tube out!  Well, our little Supergirl was trying everything to get at the tubes.  Her strength amazed us and the nurses.  She even got a little 'ghetto', and tried to slyly kick Chantal in the head!!!!  HALLELUJAH!!!!  Our little brave soldier lives on!!  She moves, she fights, she tries to out smart and out maneuver us.  GO BRI!!  The nurses, Chantal, and I, had our mouths open, big grins on our faces, and I'm telling you what, I had to take off my jacket, and was still sweating, trying to keep her from all the yucky tubes.  Thank you Jesus!!

The Hoffers thank you for all your prayers....More updates soon.

5 comments:

Bettina said...

Wow! That's awesome! The updates are great! Thank you so much!!!! God is so good!

Sammy said...

Yay!!! GO BRI GO :)

Thank You Jesus!!
I knew you would make it girl I am so proud of you and look up to you for being so STRONG and HAPPY throughout your journey!!!
I know that it takes a lot of patience!! I could only imagine every pain you have endured!! Keep on fightin and never throw in the towl.. I know you won't :) You are awesome and I love you so much girl your sooo funny bein all ghetto n stuff haha. I wish I was there to be ghetto with you hehe. ILove you and am praying for the HOFFER FAMILY I LOVE YOU ALL :)

Susan Hill said...

Thank God! I'm so happy for you all! He's so good!! Our prayers and thoughts will continue! Thanks for the update! I've checking all day!!

Jacqueline Suzanne said...

Thank you for the updates. I keep our girls updated at Landmark. Praise God! We will continue praying. After my surgery I did something similar fighting to remove tubes. I also tried to remove my IV a couple times.

I also want to share something I remember during my cancer experience that might be a comfort to Bri and her family. I will actually posting it on my blog soon.

But everytime I was faced with another stuggle, with pain, or I even ask God "Why" the samething rang in my ears "I Will Never Leave You Nor Forsake You." I found much comfort in these words.

Still praying,
Jacqui

Jennifer Connell said...

Praise God!! I don't know Bri but I am praying for her! That is such a good report.