Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Update

Today has made our hearts smile.  Bri is not only talking to us, but her take charge personality has made an appearance.  She is asking questions, keeping track of what we all are wearing, and asking the nurses and doctors how their families are doing!  This girl is amazing!  

She asked me "Momma B, what day is it?"  I told her, "It's Saturday"....she said, "Wow, the last few days sure have passed by fast!"....Then she preceded to warm my heart when she said, "The only thing I remember is you kissing my feet."  (Explanation- When she started responding by answering us with her cute little toes, I just couldn't help myself!!)

Our next step is surgery, Monday morning at 7:30 a.m.  Please continue to pray for Bri.  Your comments and prayers give the Hoffers much comfort.  Thank you.

8 comments:

Monaame said...

Lorraine, Kiss those toes for us too! Thank you for your updates. We are so glad to hear she is keeping track of things. Can we send a carepackage?

Anonymous said...

I met your son & daughter at the Scottsdale youth service in November. Since then I have found your blog, anyways just letting you know I am praying for this young lady from your church. I have also let my pastor know(Keith Nix from Parker,AZ) so he can pray also.God Bless!

Bettina said...

This is awesome news!!! We're all praying for her!! We love you all!! Please give her hugs and kisses for us too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bri! We love you up here in the Pacific Northwest...Love the Doyles from Cornerstone Church

Rachel said...

Wow! I wish I would have known sooner, but I am so glad to hear she is doing better. I will be sure to have our church pray for her. In Jesus name!

Sammy said...

AWW!! Bri :)
I love you soo much girl keep on keepin on I know you will!! Man over this past weekend I have really realized how strong you are because my little sister Stephanie got surgery on her back for scoliosis and it was 6hrs long! It all went well but she is still really really sore and of course drugged up!! She should be able to go home monday though so all is well... But I know you will make it cuz you are so strong!! I love you so much and we are all praying for you here in Sacramento!

Love you soo much,
Samantha Felt

Anonymous said...

Sis B tell My little bree WE LOVE YOU!!! You mean the world to our family!! I love you and your family like they were my own! We are praying for you! Cadence prays for you every night before she goes to bed it is so cute she never forgets to pray for her bree. We love you mucho!
And to my Tia Jeannette and Uncle Jeff I love you both you are awesome!! If you need ANYTHING!!! Let us know we are here for you any time. WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Sis B (Mom) I love you too!!!


Hugs and Kisses to you all!!

Jacqueline Suzanne said...

Thank you for the updates. Working nights I have a hard time getting ahold of people during the day cause I am asleep and feel bad calling.

I cried when I heard about the feet! We are still praying for her here at Landmark! I will keep the church updated!

God Bless,
Jacqui