Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SPANISH - SPANISH - SPANISH

Our church, Faith Mountain is a multi-cultural church. We have white, black, cuban, mexican, puerto rican, spanish, asian, etc... Being so close to the border, we have many spanish speaking people. Our love for our spanish speaking people is HUGE.
We have felt like they really need more than our english services to really be fulfilled, but at the same time haven't wanted to have a separate service, because they also love, and fit into our regular services. ....So, we are working on an exciting 'mix'. We are going to format our Wednesday Night service to be bilingual. I have started a spanish praise team and choir, (That makes 3 choirs now!!!!) and we are doing the 'authentic' stuff. It is SO MUCH FUN, and it is so beautiful to see how these sweet people just during practice, get so 'into' it. It really connects to the core of who they are like nothing else can. Not to mention that I AM HAVING A TOTAL BLAST. The upbeat stuff makes me want to get up and do a latin jig! LOL
So, 'Adios' for now.

5 comments:

Samantha and Stephanie said...

lorraine! hola! como esta'?
got your comment...and yes, i am thoroughly enjoying motherhood...who'd a thought! i hardly recognize your kids...i hate this whole time thing...it goes way too fast. keep in touch...adios!

Susan Hill said...

I know you will have a blast with this! I can really see Paul doing the "jig!" LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorraine! I am glad you found my blog. I think of you everytime I am in santee (which is all the time because I love your shopping area with the TJ Maxx and La Salsa). Anyhow, we should meet for lunch one day. That's my thought on it!!! Drop me a line and we can plan and in the meantime I am stalking your blog. ~ Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a friend. . . Glad to hear you want to have "authentic" Spanish music. God Bless my church's music dept. but they have no idea that American, pentecostal music translated into Spanish doesn't do the same thing for us Lations!

Lorraine Bertram said...

Anonymous,

That is SO true! I would be very interested to learn more from you.....do you have any song suggestions?

I must say we are having a BLAST~ What incredible flavor this is adding to your church!