Monday, October 27, 2008

EmOtIoNs GoInG CrAzY (Nov 4!)

With the elections so close, my emotions are best described as a 'roller coaster'. One day I feel confident that there's no way our country is crazy enough to elect Obama, while the next day or even an hour later, my pulse races and fear grips me at the mere possibility.
I wonder how can anyone who calls their self patriotic and loves their country put it in Obama's hands? How can anyone who calls their self a christian vote for someone whose belief system is so opposed to that of a God fearing person? How can countless numbers of people be so ignorant and so foolish?
I have made a vow to myself that if Obama should win the election this next week, I am not going to 'loose it'. I will look at it this way. 'It's the beginning of the end'. Pure and simple. The BEGINNING of the END.
I feel VERY STRONGLY that we MUST all get out and vote. It is our responsibility. However, should the outcome be our worst nightmare, I will look UP, and know that God's hand has got to be in it.....and pray, for our Lord to come quickly!
Meanwhile, the roller coaster rolls on!

4 comments:

TRC Rockers said...

We have filled out our absentee ballots and will be mailing them out tomorrow (2 stamps each). I'm still praying for Prop 8!

James Wilder said...

I don't think there's a question that Californians, by a majority, have chosen their man already. We are praying and hoping on the level-headed ones out there in the midwest... and Florida.

Yup... all in God's hands. Lord have mercy!

Anonymous said...

Lorraine, I feel the exact same way as you have described, and sometimes it feels like the world has gone crazy. It definitely makes me feel better to know that, ultimately, "God is in Control". :)

Lorraine Bertram said...

Jessica, James and Cheryl,

Thanks for stopping by.....We'll keep praying, vote, and do what we can to help, but what ever happens, our comfort is GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!!