Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The 'Big' Hunt


I must not let another day pass without acknowledging a VERY important event in the life of my  'Lovey-Dovey' son David.  
The day finally arrived folks, David 'Hunter' Bertram is on the 'big hunt' as we speak.  There is a form of incredible relief in the fact that the day has finally arrived!!  Jonathan, Chantal, and I have valiantly tried our very best to smile graciously at David's continuous (no joke) CONTINUOUS, reference to the 'big' hunt.  David has lived and breathed the arrival of this monumental hunt.  That is ALL he has talked about.  We have lived with, (literally woke to and went to sleep to) the sound of the Elk Caller bellowing at feverish pitches.  We have tripped on mounds of camo, and bow cases, and graciously 'oohed' and 'aahed', through every celebratory opening of yet another delivered box of Cabela merchandise.  
Yes, my two handsome hunters (Paul and David) departed Sunday Night after church, to the sounds of the youth group chanting "We want meat, We want meat, We want meat", towing a trailer full of empty ice chests and tons of hunting gear.  
They are in La Grande Oregon with Jess Parker (The Pro Elk Hunter!),  and I know they are having the time of their lives!
Although this post is poking fun at my handsome Hunter guy, I must say I am so excited for him!  I hope he gets the hugest most massive Elk that Oregon has ever seen!  (He really is quite the shot!)  Go get em David, Mom loves you and is cheering you on!!!!

3 comments:

Raven said...

Glad to hear there's a hunter in your house. There's much to be learned out there in the middle of God's creation. [ much of what we live in and observe is man's creation and its accompanying evils.] Hope your "hunters" are successful. But even without coming back with game, just to be out there is a success. Especially if a son spends it with his dad.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great time on your hunt, and hopefully you shot a big one......Sis Tina

Lorraine Bertram said...

Raven and Sis. Tina,

I will pass on the support to our brave hunters.

By the way, they came home with several ice chests full of meat!!!! YAAY!!