Monday, May 2, 2011

Why the hate??

****I recently read something that rang so true, and I felt like it couldn't have been written with more clarity or improved on. I immediately contacted the author, and he so graciously gave me permission to put it on my blog.****
(( I might add....Sam Hassas is probably one of the best, **If not THE best!** photographers EVER. Take a look and be impressed! www.hassasphotography.com))
_____________________________________________________________________
Why the hate??

I am going to preface this post with this first, I was born in Kabul Afghanistan.

All the hate towards the U.S. is sickening. America has her ills but when it's all said and done, (feel free to plug your ears here) it is the GREATEST NATION in the world and I dare say the history of the world.

I find it so hypocritical t
o those that came here from other countries and cast stones about the U.S. You left your country for a reason. War torn, dictatorship regimes, lack of work/jobs, quality of life, the list can go forever. Whatever the reason it's clear that HERE is better then where ever it was that you came from. Yet you freely insult, tear down and mock the very thing that gives you the life. The life you could have never had from where you came. A good life. A protected life. A FREE life.

I won't even start with the unbelievable amount of foreign aid that comes from the U.S. when trouble hits. TOp givers in every category for ever crisis over and over again. Japan, Haiti, 2004 Tsunami..........and hundreds of others.

I come from a proud race of men and women with strong hearts. It was sad to see these same people, my people be lotted together with the monster that is Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban. That said, today is a great day. Not just for the U.S. but for the world.

I get it though, tall trees catch the most wind. My rant is far saying that we are perfect as a nation. We're certainly not. Just next time you decide to go on the attack about how bad things are here and how evil of a country the US is, consider what the consequences of you "speaking your mind" would have been if you were back "home".

Love it or leave it folks. Love the U.S.
Land o the free, home of the brave. Pass a cheeseburger.

***steps off soap box***

No comments: