Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'll Love Him Forever...


Tonight is a very special night for my son Jonathan....Today he proposed marriage to a beautiful, sweet girl...

Oh how time flies....It was just 'yesterday' that I brought Jonathan Paul Bertram into this world.  Just 'yesterday' I held him in my arms and proclaimed him to be the most beautiful baby that ever was born.  Just 'yesterday' I took a long walk in the country with him and giggled at the tough manly way my little 2 year old did everything....Just 'yesterday' I went with him to get his first pair of glasses....yep, it was 'yesterday' the Doctor said Jonathan would have to wear an eye patch to help his vision, and I wore a patch over my eye too just to  make him feel like it was the 'cool' thing to do.  Yeah, and just 'yesterday' we went to 'Po Folks' ...our favorite hangout to be together just him and I, to talk.  Just...'yesterday'....In fact just 'yesterday', I sat you and David down after a brotherly squabble with your 'Jonathan and David' bible storybook, and went over again why it was that I named you 'Jonathan and David'...."Yep, they were the very best of friends"...and "that's what Momma wants you both to be."  Just 'yesterday' I would sit with you and help with homework, quizzing you before a test...At your high school touch football game 'yesterday' I screamed till my throat was raw and filled my camera to overflowing with pictures of you!  Yes, just 'yesterday' I sat on the floor alone in my room and wept as I filled out your graduation card.... 

Jonathan, it seems like 'just yesterday', but it really wasn't 'yesterday'.  Many days, months, and years have passed.  You have valuably used this time to apply yourself.  To better yourself.  To have a real relationship with Jesus Christ.  You even have sacrificed your passions and career goals because you wanted to please God more than you wanted to please yourself.  Son, I am so proud of the man you have become. You are the epitome of  what a real man should be....Cynthia is a blessed girl.  You will be an incredible husband....and Daddy.
All that said, this is how Mommas heart feels tonight.....

"Jonathan, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."

I love you son!
Mom

12 comments:

Mary Frances said...

AWWWW...post some pics of them!!!

Raquel said...

Awww! That was so cute! Congrats to Cynthia aka my "buddy" and Johnny! I love them both and can't wait to see how God blesses their marriage. You and Bro. Bertram did a wonderful job raising your family and now it's time that Johnny applies all that he was taught to his new family. How cute!

Shirley Buxton said...

Beautiful!

Pierce Household said...

They make the sweetest couple.

Congratulations!

James Wilder said...

Po Folks! Agghh! It's been so long! Congrats Johnny! Any pics of this engagement?

Susan Hill said...

Congratulations to you all!! We love you and are so happy for you all! Jonathon and cynthia are both special people!!! Love ya!!

Janell said...

This is so sweet!!!! Congratulations to your whole family.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful and precious. We are happy for you all.
Guy & Cheryl

Journey to Lilly! said...

This is such a precious post. Congrats to your family!
Kim

Lorraine Bertram said...

Thank you all for your kind words and congratulations.

Being a mom is the single most rewarding thing I have ever done or experienced....

Thanks for wading through a Moms emotion and getting to the real message...The Engagement!! LOL

Much love to you all!!!!!

The "banded" girl said...

That was the sweetest thing ever Sis Bertram! I sat here with tears streaming down my face as I read that...

Aisha said...

Wow, so touching! And yes, Congrats to them on their engagement. Everytime I sit down and read that children's book "I'll Love You Forever..." to my boys, it's hard to keep from tears. It's a sweet little book for a momma of boys.