Monday, November 9, 2009

Landmark Experiences

Last night in our evening service I received a 'Landmark Experience'. Words never do justice to these experiences, however, my husband best described it when he said that "It felt as if we had been take up in angels wings and carried into the Presence of the Lord." He quoted the verse in I Hebrews....."Of the angels, Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for them who shall be the heirs of salvation?"
I couldn't stop weeping, and at the same time I felt like laughing because it was so beautiful and sweet. I didn't ever want to leave. I didn't want that feeling to stop. Before the night was over I just sat there in that special 'spot' where I received such overwhelming love from God. That 'landmark spot'. Today when I went to the church to do some work, I went to that 'spot' and just sat and let the tears fall in gratefulness for what God had done in my heart and life.
Today as I went through the daily 'stuff' that I do as a wife, mom and Pastors wife, I began to remember many other 'landmark experiences' in my life. As I thought of them I realized that those experiences are what has made me who I am. They have kept me through the hard times. They are what I hold onto when the demon of doubt would like to wage a battle with my mind. Today I took a journey; not physically, but spiritually to many of those 'landmarks' in my life, and thanked God for them.
Today my load is lighter. Today I can see clearly, for the rain has gone. Today I feel the brush of angels wings....But I know that when Tomorrow comes, *and it will*....I have another landmark in my life that I can return to and 'remember' the power and sweetness of God's love, and that memory will carry me through....

3 comments:

Erick Iwaishi said...

Truly the special times with God are the greatest landmarks in our life. As men seek to attain in this life, we seek something so much greater. I hold these experiences in my heart and mind. Just as it was taught to the Children of Israel to set up memorials so they could be reminded of the miraculous power God had shown throughout their journey to the promise land that they should teach their children of these same memorials that they might have their own memorials with God and know that they serve a AWESOME God without limit. I am amazed at how much God loves me and I seek to only love Him more and more each day.

O' the depths...His ways are past finding out...we cannot even fathom the greatestness but it is amazing how He shows us daily if we desire to grow in Him. This year has been a life-changing year! I have truly given myself away to Him and allowing Him to truly take full control.

I do not regret one moment and I am truly blessed more this year than any other year I can recall... I can hardly wait to see what He has in store for my life and I am thankful and privileged to be able to delight myself in His Goodness!

Nothing compares...many seek to attain things and possessions in this life...I seek to attain a greater relationship with Him by any means necessary! His Grace and Mercy has kept me throughout every monumental occasion and I will continue to setup those memorials in my life to remember He was there through it all and He will be there until the end of it all.

Love you so much Sis!

Jennifer Connell said...

Thank you for that post, that touched me!

Lorraine Bertram said...

Erick - Thanks for the comment. It was beautiful and inspiring! Love you and appreciate 'who' you are!

Jennifer-Thanks for taking the time to comment. Keep serving and experiencing God....there's no other life worth living!!!! God Bless!