Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday To 'My Dream Come True'




Sixteen years ago today, God gave me the desires of my heart....actually He gave me so much more than I ever dreamed of, in a beautiful little package we named Chantal Lorraine Bertram.

God had called us to go on the evangelistic field, and we were selling our home and EVERYTHING we owned. Our family at the time, consisted of 2 of the most delightful boys you could ever ask for, and I was a very happy Mommy. My deepest dream however, was to have a little girl. At this very momentous time of our life, surprising and delighting us, Chantal made her entrance into our world. I remember crying and laughing in the delivery room telling my husband, the doctors and nurses, (like they didn't know already!)..."It's a girl! God gave me my girl! Oh I can't believe it! DID YOU HEAR ME??? IT'S A GIRL!!!! Thank you JESUS!!" They gave me polite little nods and congratulations, but that didn't dissuade me. I cried and laughed and gushed on. What a total blast this little package brought to our home.
She was and still is the perfect balance. She is not afraid of getting dirty, and is perfectly content in a jean skirt, cowboy boots, and a bun on her head....And she takes a backseat to no one when she gets all gussied up! LOL Tomboy, and Princess all in one package!

I remember praying over her every time I would change her diaper, or feed her. Thanking God for her, and asking God to keep His hand on her. To protect her and give her a heart after Him. My prayer has been answered. I have watched this little Tomboy Princess turn into an incredible young lady. She is one of our best altar workers. She sings with anointing, and genuinely loves people. She prays. She is a real christian!

With a grateful heart I write this....I know this is a public forum and others will read it, but there are 2 beautiful blue eyes that are my focus and this is written for those 'blues'.

Chantal, you are my dream come true and oh so much more. You have been nothing but a delight to your Dad and I and your 2 VERY protective brothers.(lol) You have brought laughter, singing (all the time...), and such fun to our home.

My wish for you is that you keep God first. He WILL give you the desires of your heart....I know what I'm talking about....He did that for me! I love you more than you will ever know. Happy 'Sweet 16'.







9 comments:

ashlyn said...

Happy Birthday chantel!! I miss you and cant wait to see you at w.c.c =)!!!

The Kings said...

Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest Girls I know!!!! The day I meet Chantal, I knew that she was one of a kind. She is absolutely beautiful inside and out!!Daniella still talks about Chantal. :)


Blessings, Milupa King

Notions from Nonny said...

Happy Birthday Chantal!
Love,
Sis. K. & The Kendrick Clan

Susan Hill said...

I hope that her day was the greatest! And you are correct, she is a perfect little package! Who wouldn't love your princess?

Send her my love from Aunt Susan!!

Lorraine Bertram said...

Blondie and I thank you for the sweet remarks...we love you all MUCHO!!!!!

C. Kifle said...

Happy bird-day(lol) Chantal!! keep letting God use you.

C. Kifle

Alicia said...

Hi Sis Berterm,

I was looking thru friends blogs and came across yours:) You probably don't remember me but I'm the crazy girl that kept screaming for my team at Pacific Coast Camp:) Well just wanted to wish one of my favorite singers a very happy belated birthday!!! Hope it was Grand:)

Alicia

Lorraine Bertram said...

Alicia....
OF COURSE I REMEMBER YOU!!!!!!!! *If I was 'being myself', I was doing some screaming too, I'm quite sure! lol
Thanks for stopping by!

God Bless!

Lorraine Bertram said...

Thanks for stopping Coco!!!!

God Bless!!